I will be posting my Many sewing projects and long Arm projects, as well as my card making projects and scrap booking look for online crafting lessons hope you come back and visit often!

My Web Page

My Web Page
Click Banner to go to website

Friday, March 26, 2010

There has been a bunch of talk about making your own embossing folders using the Cricut- I didnt make a folder but I did make an embossing plate here is the plate and some of the stuff I Embossed

This is created (using recycled materials) cut the image using multi cut (would probably work better with the deep cut blade - any way I used an old box from the kitchen I have heard of cereal and others I used a box from crackers (they are all about the same thickness - I also used my Xyron Sticker machine to stick the cut to the plain piece of board (note you do not want the board any bigger than a standard folder.  To emboss the item you need a rubber mat I went to Lowes and got a rubber plumbers mat it was very  enexpensive, I bought 2 so I will have one on hand, I then used the rubber mat on top of the paper to make the embossing plate like a folder.... worked great.... I will post pictures of how to do it later... will edit this post.

  Heres the Embossed paper added inking and stickles to give it some more texture....

1 comment: